Belated Valentines Wrap-up post time!
Billasaurus is a manly man who loves his meat. Mind out if the gutter, people.
Ages back on Pinterest (where else?) I saw instructions on how to make a Bacon Bouquet. The instructions were a bit fiddly and required drilling holes in the bottom off a muffin pan, which seemed like a lot of mucking around.
I modified the original recipe as follows-
1. Obtain bacon (I also used prosciutto to give different sized "roses".
2. Roll said bacon
3. Pierce bottom of bacon roll with toothpicks (that have been soaked in water) in a X fashion, keeping bacon secure
4. Pop onto a baking tray and into the oven on a high heat. I didn't fine these but just took then out when they crisped up and my house smelt extra "bacony"
5. Wait until bacon cools. The fat from bacon helps the rose shape seal
6. Take out toothpicks
7. Remove the silk flowers from their stems
8.Place bacon roses into the remaining stub
9. Give to your one and only!
Billasaurus had the most confused look on his face when he saw me from afar, holding flowers out to him. His face turned to delight when he realised though, and was very sweet.
Lucky I had taken flowers beforehand, because he pretty much inhaled them!